Due to the Exchange agreement between our institutions, we are able to offer your students one 100% scholarship and two 50% scholarships.
Below you may find more information regarding the program:
International Summer Program 2019, from El Colegio de México.
The ISP is a 5-week academic program where students will be studying up to four academic courses focused on analyzing international reality from the perspective of Mexico and Latin America. In addition, students will also study Spanish as Foreign Language and engage in cultural activities on Fridays. The program is taught completely in English by members of our faculty and will be held from July 1 to August 2, 2019 in Mexico City.
Here you may find a short video from our students telling about their experience studying at El Colegio de México https://bit.ly/2yVQgiN
Students are able to choose up to four courses from this year’s curricula:
(Please take into account that the opening of the course will depend on the number of students enrolled)
- Fundamentals of Theoretical and Applied Terminology
- Introduction to the Dictionary of Mexican Spanish
- The 21st Century Metropolis, Urbanization and Economic Development: Mexico and International Experiences
- An Overview of Mexican History, 1519-2019
- Economic History of Mexico, 1800-2000
- Latin America in the 21st Century: From the Left Turn to the Return of the Right
- Public Intellectuals in the 20th Century: Politics, Literature and Ideology
- Social Choice and Political Economy with a Latin American Perspective
- Development (D), Inequality (I) and Poverty (P). Towards a transdisciplinary unification of D, I and P Concepts and Measuring Methods
- Understanding the China-Latin America Relationship
- The Thousand and One Faces of the Politics of Language in Mexico
- Environmental Policy in Mexico
- Drugs and Empires in Mexico: A Historical Perspective
** For a more detailed explanation of the courses, please visit https://summerprogram.colmex.mx/program.html
Registration Deadline: April 12, 2019
Cost: $1,000 USD (includes: up to four courses, Spanish classes, orientation and farewell events, and cultural activities) Students from our partner universities may apply for a scholarship.
Housing: El Colegio de México does not offer an accommodation service for exchange students, but we are able to advise and provide students with general information about renting rooms and apartments for students in nearby areas.
For more information about living in Mexico City, please visit https://oia.colmex.mx/index.php/exchange-students/life-in-mexico-city
(to be sent in ONE PDF file)
- a) Application form available at our website https://summerprogram.colmex.mx/images/summer-program-application-form.pdf)
- b) Certificate or diploma of the last degree obtained, showing final grades.
- c) Brief résumé (up to 2 pages)
- d) Cover letter describing their motivations and the relevance of their participation in the Program for their future academic and professional career (up to 2 pages).
- e) One recommendation letter for enrolment.
*English proficiency test scores are not required to apply, but all the readings and documents produced at the courses will be in English, so a minimum level of B1 is highly recommendable.
**Graduate students are also welcomed!
Please visit our website at http://summerprogram.colmex.mx/home.html for further information about courses, the application process, certificates and fees.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Ximena Barri, the Executive Coordinator of the Summer Program, firstname.lastname@example.org or at +525554493000 ext. 3248.