Undergraduate programme in International Relations (UPIR) is a unique opportunity for those who aim for a career at the supranational level. Whether what you aspire to is a position within an international organization, NGO, business or the government, UPIR’s 3-year program is the best way to shape up your CV.
The Undergraduate Programme in International Relations is a 3-year first-cycle degree full-time programme. It consists of six semesters (terms) and over 20 courses plus dissertation seminar aimed at thesis preparation and individual focus. All units are taught in English by experienced American and European academic teachers. The unique format of the Undergraduate Programme in International Relations not only introduces students to the workings within the field of International Relations, but also makes them responsive to interdisciplinary concerns such as law, business, history and culture.
The graduates of the Undergraduate Programme in International Relations should have acquired knowledge in economics, social, legal and political sciences which give him/her understanding of how international relations and world economy function. The UPIR graduate should have analytical capacities, to understand local problems in a global perspective, as well as skills in communication, negotiation and persuasion. The graduate should be fluent in foreign language (level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference) and be able to use the advanced vocabulary in international relations topic. Our graduates are qualified to work in:
- central and local administration as mid-level policy officer or junior expert;
- international organizations or local institutions having international collaboration;
- enterprises present in international markets;
- non-international relations related institutions (which the interdisciplinary character of studies should enable).
Why our degree programme in IR is the best choice for you?
- The highest quality of education for the most demanding: UPIR brings to you not only experience and authority, but also the assistance of one of the finest academic centers in Europe. All courses offered are taught in English by highly respected staff from the University of Warsaw as well as a number of visiting scholars representing elite foreign institutions of higher education.
- Interdisciplinary and innovative: UPIR’s curriculum is truly one of a kind, comprising elements of law, business, history, culture and more! Moreover students of UPIR have opportunity to learn Polish and othe foreign languages at University of Warsaw.
- Individually tailored: our students can take active part in the formation of their own curricula. Institute of International Relations of the University of Warsaw enables the students to choose from a great variety of units, offered both by the Institute and other University faculties.
- International: students of UPIR have the opportunity to participate in student exchange programmes like Erasmus, Erasmus Mundus as well as bilateral programmes organized in cooperation with leading universities from the United States, India, China, Mexico, Republic of Korea, Russia, Nepal and more.
- Invaluable: after completing our three-year program, with a bachelor level degree in hand and a broad network of contacts established during their time at Institute of International Relations, our graduates can either continue their studies at our master level programme (Graduate Programme in International Relations) or seek employment in a variety of areas in both the public and the private sector.
Head of the Undergraduate Programme in International Relations (UPIR):
Dr hab. Joanna Starzyk-Sulejewska
Office hours during the summer semester 2017/2018:
Tuesday: 3 P.M. – 5 P.M.
Friday: 11 A.M. – 1 P.M.
Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28 Street