From March 27th to April 2nd 2012, the Vice-Rector for Research and International Relations of the University of Warsaw, Prof. Włodzimierz Lengauer, and representatives of the Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies (CCIRS) at the Institute of International Relations, University of Warsaw, Dr Jakub Zajączkowski and Dr Bogusław Zaleski, paid a visit to Kathmandu. The aim of the trip was to:
- establish closer cooperation with research centers and universities participating in the CCIRS project (financed by the European Union)
- discuss the possibility of financing joint research projects and cooperation concerning faculty and student exchange
- sign Memorandum of Understanding between University of Warsaw and Global Collage International for initiation of Joint Masters Program in International Relations
On 29 March 2012, conference on Higher Education Policy in Developing Countries: A Lesson from Polish & Indian Experience. Prof. Włodzimierz Lengauer and Dr. Bogusław Zaleski presented University of Warsaw and gave comments on System of Higher Education in Poland. In conference also took part:
- Khagendra Ojha – Director of IPRD
- Dr. Manish Thapa – GCI
- Prof. Rajendra K. Jain, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- representatives of Nepalese Government
- representatives of Ministry of Education and University Grant Commission
- authorities from Higher Education Institutions (Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu University, Western University, Apeejay School of Management)
At the end of the conference Memorandum of Understanding between University of Warsaw and Global Collage International for initiation of Joint Masters Program in International Relations was signed. In conference participated more than 300 people.
Delegation from University of Warsaw also met with VC of Pokhara University, Prof. Khagendra Prasad Bhattarai. MoU between UW and Pokhara Univeristy was singed already one year ago. Prof Lengauer and prof. Bhattarai discussed possibilities of program of exchange for scholars, students and about common research project.
See plan of the visit here: Download
See Inaugural Program: Download