Internship, Government Authorites & Business
Institute of International Relations cooperates with state authorities, NGOs, business enterprises and media. In the frame of the agreements between Institutes and these stakeholders students of the Institute have opportunity to make an internships in these organizations. Institute cooperates also with these institutions in joint projects, seminars and conferences. Institute cooperates with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Polish Institute of International Affairs, Embassies and Ministry of Economy, and other governmental institutions, think-tanks, economic organizations.
Students of the Institute of International Relations (University of Warsaw) are encouraged to make an internship (lasting minimum 3 weeks or 120 hours) in private companies, administration, think-tanks, scientific organizations etc. Internships can be done also in the form of voluntary service. We remind that for those who started their undergraduate studies in 2011/2012 internship is obligatory!
IIR has established agreements with several partners which accept our students as internees. The list of our partners include e.g.:
- Bank of China;
- Center for Eastern Studies;
- ECHO (European Commission via Network on Humanitarian Assistance);
- OCHA (UN via Network on Humanitarian Assistance);
- HumanDoc (NGO),
- Feel3 (company);
- GT Future Communication (company);
- HiFly (company);
- Almatur-Polska S.A. (travel agency).
We cooperate also with Center of International Studies, Pulawski Foundation, UN Information Center, City of Warsaw Office, Polish Committee of UNESCO, Polish Institute of International Relations, Embassies, Ministries, President and Prime Minister Office.
Dr Paula Marcinkowska is responsible on behalf of the Dean of the Faculty of Journalism and Political Science for students’ internships in the ISM. She can provide students with all necessary advice and documentation. Her email address is email@example.com
Projects with support of state authorities
Cooperation with state authorities is very successful. It refers mainly to government administration and representatives of Embassies.
- Centre for Polish and Central European Studies was set up in March 2013 at University of Calcutta and Manipal Centre in cooperation with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Polish Embassy in India and Polish Institute in New Delhi
- Polish Embassy in India (two conferences in India in 2012 were co-organized with support of Polish Embassy of Poland in India)
- In 2011 and 2012 representatives of the Institute (prof. Justyna Zając, prof. Jerzy Zdanowski and dr Jakub Zajączkowski) took part in conferences in Amman, organized by Polish Embassy in Jordan.
- Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies (2010-2011): The support from external stakeholders was given during the implementation of EU granted project Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies.
a) Institute has cooperated with Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland. This cooperation manifested in following forms:
- Institute of International Relations (in cooperation with Centre for Europe, University of Warsaw and Polish Association for International Studies) together with Minsitry of Foreign Affairs of Poland opened Centre for Polish and Central European Studies at University of Calcutta and Manipal University
- participation of representative of Ministry in conference and seminars organized by CCIRS (Director and Vice – Director of Department of Asia and Pacific took part in conference in April and November 2010, in seminar in May). Employees of Ministry of Foreign Affairs also took part in conference and seminars in September and in conference about doing business in India in November 2010. Ministry was as well present on inauguration of CCIRS (vice – minister, undersecretary of state, dr Paweł Wojciechowski) and on April on meeting with representatives of consortium (undersecretary of state, Krzysztof Stanowski).
- participation of represantive of Ministry in Supervisory Board of CCIRS (Director and vice – Director of Department of Asia and Pacific)
- regular meetings and talks about upcoming initiatives of CCIRS and Ministry. Those meetings have working character and take part between chairperson of CCIRS dr Jakub Zajączkowski and Director of Departament of Asia and Pacific. Moreover there were meetings between authorities of IIR (prof Włodzimierz Lengauer and prof Edward Haliżak) and Director of Department of Asia and Pacifica.
- support from Ministry and Embassy of Poland in India in preparation inauguration of CCIRS in India on 14 January 2010
- Minister of Foreign Affairs took patronage over inauguration of CCIRS on 28 January 2010
- Ministry and Embassy of Poland in India support two scientific conferences which will take place in India on 10 and 14 January 2011 in Calcutta and New Delhi. Ministry and Embassy also support preparation of scientific visit representative of CCIRS dr Jakub Zajączkowski, dr Bogusław Zaleski and prof Edward Haliżak in India in January 2011.
- dr Jakub Zajączkowski was part of delegation of Ministry of Foreign Affairs to India in July 2011, during meeting Minister of External Affairs, S.M. Krishna declared his support for the Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies at the Warsaw University
b) Institute cooperated also with Ministry of Economy:
- representatives of Ministry of Economy (Bilateral International Cooperation) took part in inauguration of CCIRS and in seminar about doing business in India which took place on 22 November 2010. Besides Waldemar Pawlak, Vice – Prime Minister and Minister of Economy took patronage on grand inauguration of CCIRS on 28 January 2010.
c) Institute has also successful cooperation with Ministry of Science and Higher Education
- participation of undersecretary of state prof Janusz Szwed in inauguration of CCIRS on 28 January 2010 in Warsaw. Participation of representative of Ministry in meeting of Advisory Board during meeting of Research and Studies Council on 13 April 2010 (Director Department of International Cooperation and European Integration, Monika Rzepecka). Prof Barbara Kudrycka (Minister of Science and Higher Education) took patronage over inauguration of CCIRS.
d) Institute cooperated with local authorities:
- representatives of authorities of metropolitan city Warsaw took part in grand inauguration of CCIRS and conference about doing business in India on 22 November 2010 in Warsaw
e) Institute cooperated also with Embassy of India in Poland
- from beginning of the project UW and CCIRS cooperate with Embassy of India in Poland. Consul of India in Poland Rajesh Vaishnaw, I Secretary of Embassy (at that time He fulfil duties of Ambassador) took part in grand inauguration of CCIRS on 28 January 2010 in Warsaw.
- Ambassador of India, Deepak Vohra and Consul, Rajesh Veishnaw took part in meeting of Research and Studies Council in April 2010 and meeting of Research Groups in November 2010. Rajesh Veishnaw also took part in seminar about democracy and foreign policy of India. Ambassador of India, Deepak Vohra, took part in conference about economy of India on 28 September 2010. Earlier His Excellency Ambassador took part in conference on 31 May 2010 together with Ambassador of India at European Commission.
Projects in cooperation with Business Enterprises and Media
Institute cooperates also with business and media enterprises.
- In 2012 Institute of International Relations and Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies IIR University of Warsaw in cooperation with Indo Polish Chamber of Commerce and Industry on 18th September 2012 organized at University of Warsaw roundtable: Higher Education and Business in India.
- In 2010-2011 the EU project Centre for Contemporary India Research and studies was supported by the following institutions:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Poland
- Ministry of Economy of Republic of Poland
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Republic of Poland
- Union of Rural Communes of the Republic of Poland
- Association of Polish Banks
- Polish Chamber of Commerce
- National Auditing Union of Worker’s Cooperatives
- Business Centre Club
- Centre for Human Resources Development
- Office of the Mayor of the city of Warsaw
- Polish Foundation for Humanitarian Aid Res Humanae
- R.C. Roma Cassia (Rome, Italy) and the News Italia Press
- Agency of the member of the club, Don Massimo Criscuoli Tortora
- “Gazeta Wyborcza” – Polish largest daily newspaper
- “Przegląd” – political-economic magazine”Puls Biznesu” – Polish largest business magazine
- Polish Radio External Service
- Radio Tok FM