The Embassy of Malta in Warsaw is pleased to announce vacancies for unpaid internships. The internships offer the successful applicants the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of working in a bi-lateral Embassy.
Working as part of a small but very busy team, the successful applicants’ duties will include:
- Research on assigned policy topics
- Drafting reports, speaking points etc
- Attendance at briefings/meetings and reporting
- Assistance with press reviews
- Preparations for cultural and other events, as well as high level visits
- Updating Embassy contacts databases
- Assisting with correspondence and general administrative work
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in international affairs, European politics, or English (or at least 3 years of University experience in any of the areas.Candidates still reading their first degree may also be considered)
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills
- Ability to organise time, work independently, coordinate and prioritise multiple tasks, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- General knowledge about the Polish political system, and a strong interest in EU affairs
- Strong English language skills – both oral and written
- Native Polish speaker
The internship is a full-time position lasting between 3-6 weeks. It may be possible to work out a more flexible working arrangement, but a minimum of 24 hours a week would be required.
Interested applicants should send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org their education and experience to date and a brief covering email setting out the reasons why you think you could contribute to the work of the Embassy.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 31 May 2018.
Internships will be held in the months of June, July and September.