On 6-14.02.2019 dr Łukasz Zamęcki – Vice Dean for Research and International Cooperation and dr Łukasz Gołota from the Asia and Pacific Secition, Institute of International Relations of the University of Warsaw, as members of the official government delegation, participated in the V Bengal Global Business Summit 2019 and they paid several scientific visits to universities in India. They also visited the Polish Embassy in Delhi.
The delegation was headed by Minister Grzegorz Tobiszowski – secretary of state in the Ministry of Energy. The delegation included representatives of the government and regional government administration: Izabela Domagała – deputy marshal of the Silesian Sejmik, Robert Kroplewski – Plenipotentiary of the Minister of Digitization and representatives of business: J.J. Singh – chairman of the Polish-Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Tomasz Zjawiony – President of the Katowice Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and representatives of Polish companies including: Energa S.A., Famur, Central Mining Institute, JSW Innovations, LOT, PeBeKa SA, Rafako, KGHM SA.
- plenary sessions with the participation of politicians from India and abroad and business representatives;
- sector sessions to explore business opportunities in the target sectors;
- national sessions to explore areas of cooperation, partnership, exchange of knowledge and best practices
- B2B and G2B meetings
Dr Ł. Zamecki and Dr. Ł. Gołota delivered presentations during the official national session of Poland during the summit concerning the role and importance of science in modernization and economic processes. During their stay in India, they held a series of meetings, took part in seminars and gave lectures. The program of stay included:
- a seminar at the University of Calcutta “Central Europe after 30 years of transformation – implications for its relations with Asia”;
- a seminar at the Netajhi Institute of Asian Studeis, Jadavpur University entitled “Dynamics of IR in Asia – Polish and Indian perspectives” and a meeting with prof. Suranjan Das, vice-director of Jadavpur University;
- a seminar at Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi entitled “Transformation of International Order – European and Asian perspectives” and a meeting with the rector of the university, prof. Chintamani Mahapatra;
- meeting with Dr. Shashank S. Sinha, CEO of Routledge | Taylor & Francis Grou;
- a meeting with the university management and a lecture for students of the Birla Institute of Management Technology at Noida “Doing Business in European Union – perspectives for Asia”;
- meeting with the rector and lecture for MBA students at the Indian Institute of Management in Nagpur “Polish experience in economic transformation – 30 years after”,
At the invitation of the Polish Ambassador of Poland, prof. Adam Burakowski, dr. Zamęcki and dr Gołota also participated in the dinner organized in the residence of the Ambassador in Delhi.