Joint Conference on “India and European Union: Economic Relations” was organized by the Institute of Economic Growth at Delhi and Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies, Institute of International Relations, University of Warsaw in Delhi, in colloboration and support with Polish Embassy in New Delhi on 14th January 2010.
Professor Bina Agarwal, Director of Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi, Professor Edward Haliżak, Director of the Institute of International Relations, University of Warsaw, Mr. Svitil Pavel, Minister Counsellor and Deputy Head of Delegation, Delegation of the European Union to India, and Professor Piotr Klodkowski, Ambassador of Poland to India were present at the inaugural session of the conference.
Some of the major topic covered:
* India as an Emerging Market
* Broadening Strategic Partnership Beyond Economics
* Comparative Analysis of Integration process in Asia and Europe
* India, the EU and Global Economic Governance: Challenges and Opportunities
* Indo-EU trade and FDI – character and trends
* India-EU trade agreement in goods and the progress of current negotiations
* Agriculture sector in WTO negotiations
programme in pdf: Download