International conference on “India and Central Europe in Evolving Global Context”, organized by Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies, Institute of International Relations, University of Warsaw and Institute of Foreign Policy Studies (IFPS), University of Calcutta, Kolkata on 10th January 2011 in Calcutta, India.
Prof. Suranjan Das, Vice Chancellor, University of Calcutta · Mr. Pavel Svitil, Minister Counsellor & Deputy Head, Delegation of European Union in India, Professor Edward Halizak, Director of the Institute of International Relations, University of Warsaw, Dr Jakub Zajaczkowski, chairperson of the Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies, Institute of International Relations, University of Warsaw, and Prof. Bhaskar Chakrabarty, Centenary Prof. of International Relations, Dept. of History & Hon. Director, CSSH, University of Calcutta were present at the inaugural session of the conference.
Major topic covered:
* Transformation experience in Central Europe and India
* Indian Republic at Crossroads: Historical Perspectives
* Economic transformation in India
* Political and economic transformation in Central Europe
* Comparative Analysis of Integration process in Asia and Europe
* India as a new Political Power
* India as an Emerging Market: experience after economic crisis
* Democracy Models in Central Europe and India
* India – EU political and economic relations
programme in pdf: Download