On 11–19 February 2012, Professor Włodzimierz Lengauer, Vice-Rector for Research and International Relations of the University of Warsaw as well as researchers of the Institute of International Relations, University of Warsaw and the Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies (Dr Bogusław Zaleski, Dr Agnieszka Bieńczyk-Missala, Dr Justyna Nakonieczna, Dr Jakub Zajączkowski, Dr Marek Madej and Ms Aleksandra Jaskólska) visited India.
During the visit, two international scientific conferences was held. Both conferences was attended by the IIR UW employees:
* In Kolkata (13-14 February), entitled Analysing the Rise of India and China: Domestic, Regional and Global Implications, organised jointly by the Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies, IIR UW, Institute of Foreign Policy Studies, University of Calcutta (prof. Shantanu Chakrabarti), Global College International, Kathmandu (dr Manish Thapa) and the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in India.
The conference was attended by researchers from India (University of Calcutta, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Research and Information System for Developing Countries, New Delhi, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Kolkata, MAKAIAS, Kolkata, Academy of International Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia), China (Peking University, Fudan University), Europe (Complutense University of Madrid, Dublin City University, KU Leuven) and Nepal (Global College International).
See plan of the conference here: IFPS Conference 13-14 february 2012
* In Mumbai (16-17 February), entitled The North and the South: Changing Ideas, Evolving Policies, organised jointly by the Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies, IIR UW, Department of Civics & Politics and Centre for African Studies, University of Mumbai, Dublin City University and the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in India.
Moreover, while in India, the IIR UW delegation and the Vice-Rector will participate in meetings and seminars with rectors and authorities of such universities and Indian research centres as:
• Jadavpur University (Vice-Chancellor Prof. Siddhartha Datta, Director of Faculty of International Relations Anindya Jyoti Majumdar, Dean of Council Arts, Prof. Nilanjana Gupta)
• think tank GATEWAY HOUSE (Manjeet Kripalani, Executive Director, Ambassador Neelam Deo, Director, Mr Sanghavi Nehalem);
• TATA Institute of Social Science (Prof. Parasuraman, Director (equivalent to VC) of Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Dean of School of Social work Prof. Surinder Jaswal, Dr. Jayshankar Monteiro, Prof. Neela Dabir, Prof. Yesudian, Dean, School of Health Systems Studies)
• Nehru Centre (Director of Nehru Centre Satish Sahney, Arati Desai, dr Shrikant Paranjpe.)
• S.P.Jain Institute of Management & Research (Director Dr. Sesha R. Iyer, Dr Preeta George)
General Consul of Poland in Mumbai Mr Janusz Wach, gave dinner on February 16th for polish delegation and for Indian scholars (University of Mumbai, S.P.Jain Institute of Management & Research). Mr Janusz Wach also gave lunch for scholars from University of Warsaw on February 18th.
Meetings was devoted to strengthening scientific cooperation (signing agreements), joint research projects, exchange of faculty and students.