The Centre realized the EU project (Programme: EU India Action Plan Suport Facility, ASIE/2009/215-062; Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies). The aim of the project was to prepare MA Programme and publication regarding contemporary India.
Realization of project had multilevel and interdisciplinary character. The purpose of activity of CCIRS· was to dissemination knowledge about contemporary India in Poland and other countries of EU and to create network between Indian and European scholars. Another aim was to create frame of cooperation between scientific environment form India and Europe and representatives of public administration (especially governmental), business and non-government organization. Activities of CCIRS can be divided in few section:
- educational – methodologically dimension: preparation original, unique, holistic and multidisciplinary program of MA in Contemporary India in Business and Politics. Work over program took place via emails, as well as direct presentation· by partners from India and Europe. At the same time, work over program of study took place in Institute of international Relations and in Department of Journalism and Political Sciences University of Warsaw. On the base of proposition of partners· CCIRS prepared pilotage syllabi for course Foreign Policy of India (realized from October 2010, in polish) and Economic Policy of India (will begin form October 2011, in polish).
- research – scientific· dimensions:· CCIRS in cooperation with partners from India and Europe prepared preliminary version of publication, about role of India in modern world.· CCIRS organized over 20 scientific conferences and seminars and panel discussions not only in Poland and other countries of EU but also in India and Nepal.
- research and multi-sectoral networking dimension: scientific conference and seminars with partners from India, Europe, from governmental, economical and media areas. There were also research visits for professors, young scientific researchers (form example trip of PhD student Sebastian Zukowski and Aleksandra Jaskólska who is associated with CCIRS) to India. CCIRS has new partners from India (Institute of Foreign Policy Studies, University of Calcutta) and from Poland (Indo – Polish Chambers of Commerce & Industry, Warsaw and Polish – India Chamber of Commerce, Poznań).
- dissemination of knowledge: continuously disseminate the findings of the project to the audience of researchers, experts, policy-makers by organization conferences and seminars. Organization many lectures on University of Warsaw and other academic centers in Poland like University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań and in other countries of UE like University de Barcelona, University of Heidelberg and in India – Manipal University.
- in promotion and visibility dimensions: preparation of website, publications in press, press agencies and in electronic media which support CCIRS. Preparation of· website and· information brochure.
Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies IIR UW as a part of research consortium won the prestigious EU grant under the Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7). The implementation of the project (No. 295060) entitled the India-EU Joint House for Science and Innovation began on 1 February 2012. The value of the grant is 519 000 EURO. Dr Jakub Zajączkowski is the project coordinator on behalf of the IIR.
The international research consortium, led by Observatoire Des Sciences et Des Techniques (Paris), includes:
- IIR UW (Centre for Contemporary India Research and Studies)
- Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (New Delhi)
- Ministère des Affaires étrangères et européennes (France)
- Vlaamse Instelling Voor Technologisch Onderzoek N.V. (Belgium)
- Agenzia Per La Promozione Della Ricerca Europea (Rome)
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (New Delhi)
- Ecole Polytechnique Federale De Lausanne (Lausanne);
- Europa Media Szolgaltato Non Profitkozhasznu KFT (Budapest)